Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let me introduce myself...

    Well, this is my first ever blog, so I can't say with any certainty that I know what the hell I'm going to be writing about, or if anyone will give a damn about me writing it (or even find the blog to read it in the first place)...
   Why am I here? I have throughout most of my life been a person reluctant to talk much about myself. Not only that, but I tend to be derisive of people that have a need to constantly talk about themselves, and share every minute detail of their lives with the world. I was dragged kicking and screaming into using Facebook (and drugged, bound and gagged before being dragged into Twitter), so making the move to writing a blog was something I never considered.
   Then a couple months ago I  found myself in a psychologist's office after a questionnaire filled out as a new patient for a new (for me) Doctor's office, with the results indicating some signs of depression (not a huge surprise). I had heard or read that it takes a little time to establish a relationship with a therapist before progress can be made, but after two months of weekly appointments (complete with $40 co-pays), I found myself wondering -- as I watched the therapist stare into her computer screen, typing some occasional notes as I answered the same questions as the week before and the week before that -- "is she even fucking listening to me?" At the end of that session, she suggested I find a psychiatrist to see, so that I could perhaps be prescibed medication that she couldn't give. "So I wouldn't be coming to you anymore?" I asked. "No, you would still come back to see me." Ahhh, great, co-pays at TWO places!
   So here I am, blogging about myself, with the possiblity of no one ever reading anything I write, as opposed to talking to mental health professionals, with the possibility that they wouldn't be paying much attention either. At least this blog ain't costing me 40 bucks a pop...

P.S. - As for my Post title, it has multiple meanings for me. If you really wanna have an idea, google or wikipedia the novel and movie, "The Postman Always Rings Twice". As for the part of the title in parentheses, well, that meaning will reveal itself in time...
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment